When an obstetrician fails to do so and provides poor care below the standard that a reasonable doctor with their background and area of specialization should provide, this can constitute medical negligence. Under Georgia law, a doctor or healthcare provider who is negligent can be sued by an injured patient or by loved ones of a patient who has been killed by the medical negligence.
- The Lowdown: Top Tips for Wannabe CEOs!
- Medical Law & Healthcare - Raja, Darryl & Loh.
- Disenchanted (Land of Dis, Book 1)?
- What Is Obstetric Negligence?.
- Cabinets in Western Europe.
- Rilke, Modernism and Poetic Tradition.
- Reliability, Survivability and Quality of Large Scale Telecommunication Systems: Case Study: Olympic Games?
Medical malpractice lawsuits provide the victim with compensation for lost wages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, medical costs and even wrongful death damages. An Atlanta medical malpractice lawyer can help in cases where obstetrics errors constitute medical malpractice by assisting victims in taking legal action to recover compensation. Based on their findings, clinical judgment errors were most common and occurred in 77 percent of malpractice claims based on obstetrics errors.
Technical errors on the part of obstetricians were cited in 26 percent of cases.
Medical Law & Healthcare
The remaining claims included ineffective supervision, inadequate documentation, and administrative failures. These and other mistakes can be made both during the pregnancy and at the time of birth.